Ms. Rapadas is resident in Calvo Fisher & Jacob’s Guam office and a former resident of Calvo Fisher & Jacob’s San Francisco office. Her practice includes a range of federal and local litigation matters, including breach of contracts, employment and labor matters, constitutional and federal statutory rights violations and commercial disputes.
She received her J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2008 and is a recipient of the CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing. Ms. Rapadas, who is a native of Guam, received her B.A., magna cum laude, in Political Science from the University of San Diego in 2005.
Ms. Rapadas joined Calvo Fisher & Jacob as an associate attorney in 2008. Her prior experience includes serving as a judicial intern in the Superior Court of Guam in the Summer of 2004 and as a law clerk for Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach in San Francisco.
She is admitted to practice in Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and the State of California including the District Courts of Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and the Northern District of California.
- Currently representing the Guam International Airport Authority in connection with procurement protests of the award of a duty free concession contract worth more than $150 million over 10 years
- Defending the Guam International Airport Authority against alleged statutory and federal rights violations in connection with ancestral land claims
- Currently representing real estate developer in enforcing arbitration agreement and confirming arbitration award against the Port Authority of Guam of over $12 million
- Advises the Guam International Airport Authority regarding various employment matters, including representing the agency in matters before the Civil Service Commission
- Defended hotel and resort complex against an alleged disability discrimination claim brought by former employee
- Defended telecommunications company against alleged race and national origin discrimination claims brought by former employee
- Defended wholesale and retail store against alleged labor violation claims brought by former employee
- Represented employees in a class action suit against event company involving California labor violations
- Represented telecommunications company in procurement related action before administrative body
- Represented commercial and government contractor in contract dispute with former business partner; successfully negotiating a settlement in favor of client
- Represented United Micronesia Development Association in Saipan in the successful prosecution of claims against former executive, board member and partners resulting in settlement of over $15 million
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law (2008), Recipient of CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of San Diego (2005)
- Judicial Intern, Superior Court of Guam (Summer 2004)
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, Board of Directors, Guam Girl Scouts
Publications and Presentations
- California class action law update - a look at 2010 and beyond, Riverside Lawyer Magazine (Vol. 61, No. 3) (March 2011)