Ms. Gutierrez was born and raised in Guam. After high school, she left the island for Los Angeles to complete undergraduate studies and law school at the University of Southern California. She received her B.A., magna cum laude, in Political Science and East Asian Area Studies in 1993 and her J.D. in 1997.
Ms. Gutierrez is Of Counsel at Calvo Fisher & Jacob LLP. Ms. Gutierrez practices primarily in the areas of labor and employment law, business planning, corporate governance and regulatory compliance. Her practice includes counseling and defending employers in all aspects of employment law, including wrongful discharge, discrimination and harassment claims; labor and employment law compliance; wage and hour; personnel management and training; and safety and health.
Ms. Gutierrez is a frequent presenter on employment issues for the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Guam Chapter. She currently serves as President-Elect for the SHRM Guam Chapter.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law (1997)
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Southern California (1993)
Professional and Civic Activities
- President-Elect, Board of Directors, Society for Human Resource Management Guam Chapter (2019-Present)
- Member, Law Week Committee, Guam Bar Association (2008-Present)
- Vice President Legislative Affairs, Board of Directors, Society for Human Resource Management Guam Chapter (2015-2018)
- Member at Large, Board of Governors, Guam Bar Association (2013-2016)
- Treasurer & Member, Board of Trustees, Guam Law Library (2000-2006, 2015-2017)