Mr. Pangelinan is a partner in Calvo Fisher & Jacob’s Guam office. His practice focuses on commercial transactional work on behalf of hotels, media companies, retailers, wholesalers and service industry clients in Guam and Saipan.
Significant recent representations include:
- ANZ Banking Group Limited in the 2007 acquisition of Citizens Security Bank;
- Premier Ken Guam LP in the purchase of the Hilton Guam Resort & Spa in 2007;
- Premier Hotels & Resorts (Guam), Inc in the 2006 acquisition and 2007 sale of the Hotel Santa Fe and in the 2006 purchase and 2007 renovation of the Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort;
- Marianas Hospitality Corporation in the 2006 sale of the Hyatt Regency Guam Resort;
- Guam Tourist Development in various real estate agreements with Home Depot related to the opening of Home Depot on Guam in 2007;
- Sohbu Toshi Kaihatsu Company, Ltd. and P.H.R. Holding Guam, Inc. in the 2007 sale of the Country Club of the Pacific;
- NTT DoCoMo in the 2006 purchase (approximately $70 million) of Guam Cell Communications, HafaTel and SaipanCell.
In addition to representing clients in asset and stock acquisitions, Mr. Pangelinan also handles their general transactional needs, such as licensing, corporate administration, secured transactions, real property development, and service and employment contracts. He also handles general business litigation such as judicial foreclosures, contract disputes, collections actions, landlord-tenant actions, and employment related disputes in the trial courts and on appeal.
Mr. Pangelinan received his B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley in 1992 and his J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 1995 where he was senior editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Journal. He was law clerk for the Honorable Janet Healy Weeks of the Superior Court of Guam (1995-1996) and research attorney for the Supreme Court of Guam (1996-1997).
Admitted to the bar in Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Mr. Pangelinan joined Calvo Fisher & Jacob as an associate in 1997 and became a partner in 2003. He is a member of the Guam Public Utilities Commission, Vice -President of the Guam Bar Association, and was Chair of the Ethics Committee of the Guam Bar Association from 2007 to 2009.