Jay Trickett is a litigation associate in Calvo Fisher & Jacob’s San Francisco office. Mr. Trickett applies his broad experience in complex litigation matters to advocate for his clients in a wide range of commercial disputes, including construction litigation, probate matters, and consumer class actions. Mr. Trickett has also represented various public entities in connection with procurement, employment, and federal regulatory matters.
- Currently representing the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco in its litigation against securities dealers to recover more than $19.4 billion spent to purchase certificates backed by residential mortgage loans
- Currently representing the Guam International Airport Authority in connection with procurement protests of the award of a duty free concession contract worth more than $150 million over 10 years
- Represented landowners in eminent domain bench trial; obtained a verdict of nearly $30 million after the government offered $3.4 million to purchase the land
- Represented Hawaii construction firm in arbitration of a contract dispute; obtained a complete victory on all claims and an award of nearly $1 million
- Defended public utility in class action involving allegations of widespread unauthorized installations of utility lines on private property
- Defended trustee in arbitration against alleged holders of options to purchase real estate claiming damages of nearly $55 million
- Defended Hawaii engineering firm in connection with the collapse of a water reservoir on Anderson Air Force Base; drafted winning brief involving the economic loss doctrine in certified question to the Guam Supreme Court
- Represented former CEO of Silicon Valley antivirus software company in contract dispute with his former employer
- Represent pro bono evicted tenant following foreclosure of her home in appeal before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Mr. Trickett received his J.D. from the University of Virginia in 2007 and his B.A. from The College of William and Mary in 2003. While at the University of Virginia, Mr. Trickett participated in the William Minor Lile Moot Court Competition and was elected to serve on the University Honor Committee and the Student Bar Association.
Prior to joining Calvo Fisher & Jacob LLP, Mr. Trickett was an associate at Latham & Watkins LLP in Menlo Park, CA.
- J.D., University of Virginia (2007)
- B.A., cum laude, College of William & Mary (2003)